Super strategies for PTE Reading: Reading & Writing – Fill in the blanks:
- Read the passage carefully and it would be mostly maximum 80 words in around 30 seconds. You need to select the words that fit into that sentence and gives full meaning.
- There is no negative marking for this so if you don’t know the answer then just guess and move to next without wasting much time.
- This task is related to the word choice and it means you need to understand the meaning of the passage, context, word form, and the answer options. Also, you need to pay attention to the grammar of the sentence after selecting the option.
- You should not spend more than 2 minutes on these tasks as in Reading section you need to manage your own time.
Scoring guide for PTE Reading: Reading & Writing – Fill in the blanks:
Skills Assessed: Reading & Writing
>> 1 = Each correctly completed blank
>> 0 = Minimum score
Task Type details:
- Candidates have to select one correct word from the list to fill each blank in a text.
- How many?: 5-6
- In Reading section, candidates have to manage their own time.
You may also like: